PARC HOWARD ASSOCIATION COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY, 11TH JULY 2017 AT 6PM IN CCC TOWN HALL, LLANELLI
PRESENT: Gareth Morris (Chairperson), Rev. Eldon Phillips (Vice-Chairperson), Jane Rosser (Secretary), Philip Thomas (Treasurer), Cllr. David Darkin, Fred Hughes, Alison Jenkins, Joan Smith, Susanne Thomas, Cllr. Philip Warlow.
1. Apologies for absence.
Pam Edmunds, Margaret Gimblett, Liz Purcell.
The Secretary informed the committee that Adam Holding and Fiona Hillier had
resigned from the committee due to work commitments. They have been thanked
for their support and will join us, to organise the barbecue, in the Summer event.
2. Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 13th June 2017.
These were accepted as an accurate record.
3. Matters arising from these minutes.
4. Officers’ Reports.
Nothing to report
Nothing additional to report
The latest financial statement was tabled. The treasurer has been pursuing the
opening of another account that would accrue interest. Santander Bank had not
been very helpful.
Current options are:-
the company, Financial Solutions Wales, is a past Chair of the association.
AGREED: Secretary to contact him to discuss the matter.
Associate Members’ Secretary
Nothing to report.
5. Update on events: Summer Family Fun Day.
The final arrangements were discussed.
6. Arrangements for the AGM and OPEN MEETING: Saturday, 2nd September
The Secretary ran through the protocol for organising and managing the AGM, as
per the Constitution. Associate Members’ Secretary will email members regarding
these meetings and the Summer Family event.
The matter of the establishment of the Parc Howard Action Group was raised.
The Chair expressed concern that the public might believe the group is linked to
the PHA. It was suggested that one of the two groups should change its’ name.
The Action Group appears to be political; PHA is not. Parking in Parc Howard
seems to be a ‘real issue’ for residents, who don’t want it. There is a need to re-
engage with Llanelli Town Council. The town councillors have authorised that the
Town Clerk engages in discussion with the County Council regarding the asset
transfer of the Parc.
It was disappointing that a member of the public made a comment, in the last
Open Meeting, that the PHA was a waste of time in relation to the Council’s
proposals for the Parc and that it should’ stick to running plant sales’.
The Chair wants the PHA to continue doing what it is doing. He stated that ‘the
committee has done a terrific job’ and by showing goodwill and putting events on
we have public support. The AGM will provide an ideal opportunity to re-iterate
our aims, as in the Constitution.
AGREED: Secretary to write to Cllr. Emlyn Dole to re-iterate our aims and
arrange for the Officers of the association to meet with the Town Clerk.
8. Any other relevant business.
Meeting closed at 7.00pm