Minutes of the PHA Committee Meeting held on 12th June 2018 at Llanelli Town Hall
Present; Phillip Thomas, Alison Jenkins, David Bannister, Phillip Warlow, John Harvey, Anastasia Griffiths, Susanne Thomas, Margaret Gimblett, Liz Purcell, Fred Hughes.
1. Apologies from ; David Darkin,Pamela Edmunds and Eldon Phillips
2. Minutes of the previous meeting were accepted, proposed by Susanne and seconded by Liz.
3. Matters arising from these minutes
Phillip has set up GDPR for all our data. We are now fully compliant with the new regulations
4. Reports from officers
Treasurers Report was circulated and accepted, proposed by Margaret and seconded by Fred. We have our main working account and a separate savings account, primarily for the Bandstand. We have a healthy balance and ideas are invited on how we can spend this on items to improve the parc.
Phillip again mentioned that he does wish to step down as Treasurer, any volunteers please by the next meeting.
Secretary had no correspondence, however has received a £10 donation to put towards the Plant Fair proceeds.
5. Gardening Volunteers
The beds in front of the museum have been re-planted and are looking much improved. Aarfon Davies has agreed to give some funding towards paving in the Remembrance Garden as it is very uneven. The labour will be provided by the Probation Service. The Plant Sale went well considering the clash with the Royal Wedding, it raised over £90. Our thanks to David for organising this and for raising the majority of the plants
A date is needed for the AGM. September is proving difficult due to holidays and other personal commitments. Agreed to move this into October, but bear in mind that the meeting would have to be outside of the Museum’s opening times.
We have 4 stalls confirmed, but have recently had more requests for a space. Susanne has priced entertainment for a person on stilts with balloons. John Francis Estate Agents have indicated that they would like to contribute an amount which we could use towards this. Also confirmed, Llanelli Community Wind Band, The Hive drama group, George Lindsey for rides, ice cream and toastie vans and Sacha with tea coffee bacon/sausage baps. Philip has arranged a meeting with Delyth at the Town Council to see if we might be able to find some help with stewards on the day as we do not have sufficient manpower.
7. Collaboration Group Meeting in May
Phillip and Alison attended. The café, bandstand, splash pool, lighting and drainage of the main field were all discussed. Also discussed the There was a strong sense that a café was vital. A pop up café/van was discussed and there was agreement that this would be seen as appositive step. The next meeting is to be in July and we will feed back
8. Any other business
Liz pointed out that the tennis courts were very popular especially during the school holidays and suggested that we may help with the cost of replacing the nets and tidying up the courts. David agreed to look into the costs and bring details to our next meeting. Also mentioned the need for notice boards. The one we have is small and inadequate. These did prove to be quite costly the last time we looked into it, David will bring details.
Agreed to arrange a meal after our next meeting and to invite Gareth as a gesture of thanks for his contribution to the Association
Lastly, a very big congratulations to Fred on his marriage in May.
Meeting closed at 7.30
Parc Howard Association
Minutes and Reports from PHA