Present : Gareth Morris (Chairperson), Kate Williams (Vice Chair), David Bannister, Chris Beer, Peter Chin, Hugh Davie, Fred Hughes, Jane Jones, Colin Jones, Ken Jones, Margaret Gimblett, Pat Morris, Alison Jenkins.
1. The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting.
2. Apologies for absence (from Eldon Phillips, Jane Rosser, Phillip Thomas, Jan Williams and Nia Griffith) were accepted.
3. Minutes of the previous Open Meeting, held on 5th September 2015, were read and approved.
4. Secretary’s report was read. This included details on the current situation regarding the future of the Parc. The meeting was advised that PHA had presented a letter to CCC objecting to the disposal of assets, which included the Parc.
A long discussion followed on the costs involved in running the Parc. Councillor Bill Thomas stated that the Town Council had met with CCC officers, and had given them a clear indication of the limited amount of assistance they could provide, and had asked for feedback or a further meeting with CCC. There has been no response to date.
Suggestions from the public included; a request for donations of £100 from a thousand people, which would cover the estimated running costs of £100,000 per annum. However, it was emphasised that a long term commitment was needed to ensure financial stability.
Umbrella organisations and trusts were discussed, along with invitations to social inclusion groups, which might in turn provide access to council grants.
A question was asked on the standing of the mansion house, is it a separate entity, if so could running costs be split? Fred Hughes explained that currently the house and Parc are considered as one; also any repairs on the mansion house (and extensive work is needed) would have to be overseen by CADW.
Suggestions also included approaching local garden centres to see if they would sponsor a flower bed, suggestion and donation boxes, and allowing Christmas Fairs and Summer concerts.
Associate membership was discussed and some forms were issued.
The Chair re-iterated that the association was open to suggestions and welcomed any contributions from members of the public.
5. Future events are a Book Sale and Craft Fair on 20th Feb 2016, and a plant sale in May.
There was no preference on whether future Open Meetings should be held in the morning or the afternoon. It was mentioned, however, that there would be a charge of £25 to open the mansion house in the mornings.
6. No other matters arose, and the Chair thanked everyone for their time in attending
Parc Howard Association
Minutes and Reports from PHA